- Sonya is dedicated to her always warm, always caring personality which has become the heart and soul of our practice for over two decades.
Sharing her business background with our team from day one, she holds one Diploma for Certified Dental Assistant from the Toronto School of Business in 1990 combined with a Diploma for Office Management from the Toronto Art of Management Institute in 1992. In addition, Sonya furthered her commitment to developing her skills with a Certificate in Accounting and Business Administration and a Certificate in Workplace Psychology from Capilano College in 1995.
Her involvement since the conception of our office and the day-to-day practice of Dentistry, management, and in coordinating staff activities all serves to understand and appreciate the experience of our patients. Together with her dedication to continuing her skills with a vast array of seminars and courses has given her an overarching, big-picture understanding of patient needs and concerns – the patient’s experience.
Sonya’s has a passionate interest in music, dance, the arts, and outside the office she can commonly be found tending to her beautiful garden, or meditating and practicing yoga.
Dr. S. Naghibi
- Dr. Shahram Naghibi has graduated from the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Ferdowsi in 1976. Having entered a three-year postgraduate program in prosthodontics in 1984 at the same faculty, Shahram moved to Canada in 1986 before completing the program.
In 1987, he was awarded the Certificate to practice as a General Dentist in after taking the National Board Examination. Since then, besides practicing General Dentistry, he has been affiliated with the University of Toronto and University of British Columbia prosthodontics department as a Clinical Assistant Professor. He is currently serving as a prosthodontic consultant at University of British Columbia Dental Clinic.
Dr. Naghibi has taken numerous courses to further his skills including the field of prosthodontics, endodontics, occlusion, Invisalign, implant, restorative and aesthetic dentistry.
An avid swimmer and great lover of music, outside the office Shahram can be found reading poetry, watching movies, studying calligraphy and spending time with his family.
Dr. F. Iranpour
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon • Back To Top
- Dr. Iranpour obtained her Doctorate of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) degree from Tehran University in 1978 and then chose to specialize in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the same University in 1984. Moving to Vancouver Canada, she obtained her Canadian Dental Board Certificate in General Dentistry in 1999 and then completed the GPR program with a major in oral surgery in 2001.
Dr. Iranpour has practiced Oral and Maxillofacial surgery for fifteen years in Iran and has ten years of experience as an Associate Professor and Researcher for the Tehran University in Iran.
Dr. Iranpour has maintained her commitment to building her skills by completing a range of Oral and Maxillofacial lectures, conferences, and clinical programs with a special emphasis on Implant Dentistry.
When not tending to her patients here at our office, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends as well as skiing and going for walks.
Dr. A. Moghaddam
- Dentist, D.M.D., D.D.S. • Back To Top
- Dr. Afshin Moghaddam graduated from the National Medical University Bogomolets in 1998. He took part in the postgraduate program of therapeutic stomatology from 1998 to 2003.
Dr. Moghaddam has taken many courses to further his skills and training including Rotary Endodontics VDW in 2008 and 2010, Esthetic Dentistry in 1998, Endodontics seminar in 2009 and Invisalign Orthodontics in 2014.
He has completed the requisites of the National Dental Examination Board of Canada and is licenced to practice as a general dentist.
Dr. Moghaddam is a member of the Canadian Dental Association and the College of Dental Surgeons of B.C..
Outside our office, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing tennis and swimming.
Dr. Baha Azizi
- Dentist, B.Sc., D.M.D. • Back To Top
- Dr. Baha Azizi graduated from U.B.C.’s Faculty of Dentistry in 1990 and prior he completed his undergraduate training in Pharmaceutical Science in 1986. Dr. Azizi has also finished a Rotary Endodontics program in 2006, as well as Esthetic Dentistry programs in 2000 and 2006 all combined with Implant Prosthodontics programs completed in 2001 and 2007, and a Regenerative Periodontal Surgery in 2007. Dr. Azizi completed a General Practice Residency at Vancouver General Hospital from 1990-1991 where he received his special training in Dental Surgery. As well as being registered with the College of Dental Surgeons of B.C. since 1990, Dr. Azizi is currently a member of the Canadian Dental Association and the B.C. Dental Association. His list of affiliations include membership with the Prosthodontics Study Club, the Periodontics Study Club, and the Surgical Implant Study Club. Dr. Azizi lives in North Vancouver with his two sons, Kian and Cameron. He enjoys spending time with his family, playing squash, and skiing.
- Registered Dental Hygienist • Back To Top
- Pooneh graduated with honours from the Faculty of Science at Shiraz University in 1994. After immigrating to Canada in 1997 and graduated as a Certified Dental Assistant from VCC in 2000, she was awarded a scholarship toward further education in the field of Dental Hygiene. Later, Pooneh graduated with honours from the Registered Dental Hygienist program at the College of Vancouver Dental Hygiene.
Pooneh is the recipient of the Hu.Friedy’s Golden Scaler Award, the Academic Excellence Award and an Award for Clinical Excellence from the College of Dental Hygienist of B.C..
With her cultured and well educated background, combined with her kind and caring personality, Pooneh has been one of the most valuable and influential members of our team since 2001.
Today, Pooneh lives in North Vancouver with her husband and two children Ghazal and Reza.
- Office Administrator, Treatment Coordinator • Back To Top
- Mahla graduated with a Bachelor of Science from the University of South Tehran in 2007 and worked as a Dental Assistant and Receptionist on a part-time basis while finishing her academic training.
She immigrated to Canada in 2007 and since has gained great experience working as a customer service provider before joining our team as Treatment Coordinator and Office Administrator.
She has a very pleasant and caring personality which made her an asset to our Dental family from the first day she arrived. Outside the office, you can find Mahla enjoying a book, playing sports and cooking.
- Certified Dental Assistant • Back To Top
- Before joining our team of treatment providers, Sona graduated as a Certified Dental Assistant from CDI college in 2012. She adds to our office her neat, detail oriented and caring personality shortly after.
Sona also finished an Extended Prosthodontic module at the University of Fraser Valley in 2014.
She very much enjoys performing her duties as a Certified Dental Assistant and offering patients and staff alike with her genuine and kind personality.
Sona loves music and enjoys playing the “Tar” as well enjoys cooking, hiking outdoors, gardening and spending time with her family and friends.
Dr. S. Naghibi
Dr. F. Iranpour
Dr. A. Moghaddam
Dr. B. Azizi
Certified Dental Assistant • Back To Top
Elli was welcomed to our office graduated from Vancouver CDI College in 2015 as honor student in Dental Assisting. She received her Publishing and Graphic Design Diploma in computer science and bachelor degree in Italian Translation in Iran and used to work in well-known companies as an office manager in Vancouver and Iran before joining our team.
She believes in “informed dentistry” and always tries to do her part by providing patients with as much treatment information as she can. She is also very friendly, passionate about her job; positive, organized, detail oriented and enjoys helping others. In her spare time she enjoys sewing, reading, tennis and spending time with her family.